What a year this has been …… and it’s not over yet. I want to bring you up to date on events and happenings in the Western Plastics Pioneers.
Your WPP is healthy and active:
- Your WPP Board has been meeting every other month via Zoom to keep various activities moving (education/scholarships, membership, website, social activities, etc.)
- Financially we are healthy. Our Scholarship Fund balance is $18,528, and the General Fund balance is $7,643.53.
2020 WPP Annual Meeting Postponed:
- Your WPP Board has just voted to postpone the October Annual Meeting until next Spring. The health and safety of our members is paramount and the next several months are still uncertain. We will keep you updated.
2020 Pageant of the Masters has been cancelled
2020 – 21 WPP Membership Dues:
- As of this writing, approximately 60% of our members have mailed in their 2020 – 21 dues. If you’ve already done this, thank you! If not, we hope that this reminder will prompt you to send your annual dues of $45.00 to Jeff Lawrence. An additional donation to the WPP Scholarship Fund would be greatly appreciated. If there are reasons that you are reconsidering your membership in WPP, please contact me to discuss. Remember that WPP is about your plastics industry network and supports scholarships.
WPP Education and Scholarships:
- For the first time, WPP awarded three $2,000.00 scholarships in 2019. The recipients were:
- Mikaela Sadri, Western Washington University□
- Samuel Estes, Western Washington University
- Jillian McKenzie, University of the Pacific
- Also for the first time, a WPP member, Mike Friend, donated the fund for a WPP scholarship
- The deadline for 2020 scholarship applications is approaching and we have seven great candidates.